Agricultural Crop Trials Assistant
An exciting position has become available for a full-time Agricultural Crop Trials Assistant. The post will be based at the offices on the A1 near Stamford/Peterborough. The successful candidate will earn £16,646 - £18,727.
The vacancy is immediate, the initial appointment will be for 12 months with 3-month probation and a view to extending to a permanent position if the circumstances allow.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in agricultural/horticultural trials with a highly-respected and independent research organisation offering career development opportunities.
The role is varied and often outdoors during summer. It will also involve laboratory tasks such as seed testing, plant health, microbial and glasshouse work.
Scientific qualifications to a minimum of A or Diploma level are required, as is an aptitude for field work, using farm machinery, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
- Minimum “A” level standard preferably in sciences.
- Current clean UK driving licence is essential
- Aptitude for farm-based trials.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to work on a wide range of varied tasks, requiring different skill levels, both indoors and outdoors and the use of equipment ranging from that in the laboratory to farm scale machinery.
- Practical field trial work including, general field work, marking out, fencing, pest protection, plot preparation and cultivation, seed handling, drilling and harvesting.
- Variety, crop and trial evaluation and accurate recording of data
General day to day maintenance of trial equipment.
- Accurate record keeping for all trials and project activities, crop and seed lot labelling.
- Seed testing and general laboratory and glasshouse work as required
- Preparation for meetings, conferences, training courses, open days and other events.
- To participate in and embrace and complete training as required to a high standard.
- From time to time participate and assist in other projects and areas of work of the company as required by the management team.
- To carry out work required in a safe manner with attention to detail at all times.
- Assisting project team leaders with trials, testing, assessments and recording of data as required. Accumulating project data for reports. Taking an active part in the day-to-day work of the company trials programmes. conferences, training courses, Open Days and other events. Taking on specific operational or technical functions as required.
- To execute the day-to-day tasks relating to the role in consultation with the line manager and technical staff.
Our client is an agricultural charity of 16 staff funded by voluntary levy paid by growers of legume crops.
As the UK's centre of excellence for peas and beans, our client has a long and highly valued track record of providing authoritative, up to date information and project work based on solid, reliable research.
Why should you apply?
- The chance to join a well-established company
- The opportunity to become part of a hardworking, dedicated team
- To showcase your knowledge and experience
- A potential early career opportunity to gain experience and industry training
Closing date 22nd May 2021
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your Resume by clicking here