PGRO publish a wide and comprehensive range of publications for the benefit of levy payers and members every year. These provide sound, up to date advice on all aspects of growing and processing pulse and vegetable legume crops, based on its own and collaborative research.
- Descriptive Lists for field beans and combining peas are produced annually giving the full results of variety evaluations.
- Vining Pea Variety Guide is produced annually. PGRO conducts the only independent trialling of vining peas and green beans in the UK. Trials are funded by seedsmen, but other sources of funding are obtained for specific projects.
- Pulse Agronomy Guide contains a wealth of information of growing combining peas and field beans including choice of seed, crop husbandry, weed control and pests and diseases.
- The Pulse Magazine is published three times each year in spring, summer and winter and contains a wide range of articles on the latest PGRO and collaborative research work as well as articles on pulse related topics.
- The Vegetable Magazine is published each winter and has the same broad objectives as the Pulse Magazine in providing a summary of the latest information from PGRO and others.
- Crop Updates are produced at frequent intervals during the growing season and are sent to PGRO members as well posted on the web site. Edited versions appear regularly in the main farming press and media.
- Technical Updates for pulses crops are now fully incorporated within the Agronomy guide. Individual topic updates are still maintained within the Vining pea section of the guide, providing information about pests, diseases, weed control and relevant technical information for growers and advisors.
- Other publications - PGRO conducts trials and research in many crop areas. Recently these have included Poppy, Navy beans, Quinoa, Millet, Carrots, Parsnips, Onions and other vegetable species for yield or demonstration trials. Information Sheets on these are published from time to time and are available on request.
Pulse Market Update – PGRO also issues a monthly Pulse Market Update jointly with Pulses UK (Formerly, British Edible Pulse Association – BEPA), the trade association representing the processors and users of British-produced pulse (mainly combining peas and field beans) crops.