1. Improve AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTIVITY by delivering YIELD STABILITY and improved QUALITY. Improve understanding and quantification of factors that influence yield and quality:
2. SOIL HEALTH and plant and soil biological interactions greatly influence pulse crops. Improve understanding of factors affecting soil health:
3. Deliver CROP NUTRITION plans for modern production techniques providing recommendations for optimum performance of UK pulses:
4. ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGE will influence future cropping techniques. Measure impacts of changing environment on legume production and investigate techniques for remediation:
5. LEGISLATION UPDATES: To provide relevant information that can be used to impact and promote production and consumption. Review crop protection priorities based on changes to pesticide approvals.
6. KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE: For all priorities identified, disseminate outcomes of work carried out at PGRO, and in collaboration with other organisations and institutes, to provide improved crop production recommendations: